- MUST READ: Argentine journalist Damian Pachter, who broke the story of Alberto Nisman’s death, gives a first-hand account of the stalking and intimidation that made him flee to Israel.
- The Republican Congress wants to force Obama to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. How come most Jewish groups aren't so hot on the new effort?
- Whether in cakes and salads or just spread on fresh bread, avocados are one of life’s great pleasures. Here are 2 recipes to help you get the most out of them!
- A woman converted to Judaism so she could raise Jewish children with her husband. Now that the kids are grown, she asks #Seesaw if she can dump Judaism and return to her Christian faith.
- What’s better than winning $1,000? Winning $1,000 while smelling bacon. At least, that’s what New Hampshire wants you to think.
- King Abdullah leaves behind an outsized legacy.
J.J. Goldberg asks if his Saudi successors will manage to maintain his cautious path of reform and dialog with Jews.
- The New York Times thinks it is perfectly even handed when it comes to covering Israel. Richard A. Block thinks they're missing the real problem.
- Of Gilda Radner and 11 other facts you didn't know about Jewish Michigan. http://jd.fo/t7BZx
- Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks is moving to a new home in Manhattan's East Village! Find out about its surprising personal connection to our food editor Liza Schoenfein:
- In the summertime, when the weather was fine, they had women, they had women on their mind...
PHOTOS: Inside a 1970s Catskills singles' weekend.
- "18:15 Stewart appears. Hiii Jon. Can we hang out soon? I’m Jewish, so we’re bound to be BFFs, right? We wouldn’t have to talk about “Rosewater,” would we?"
- We’ve always known that our Barbra is the greatest; so great that we don’t even need to use her last name. But did you know that she is literally #1 at everything?
- “Short clothing = shortened life.”
An ultra-Orthodox ad on Jerusalem buses suggests that Israelis’ immodest fashion causes terror attacks.
- #JeSuisBlaspheme : Blasphemy laws still exist, even here in the United States. But couldn't we just replace them them with some common respect?
- After reading a mother's appalling account of the rabbi who 'turned' her daughter against her, Avi Shafran explains what Orthodox outreach is really about.from-cache