3 pounds carrots peeled
3/4 teaspoon whole coriander seed
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large sprig of mint plus mint leaves for garnish
11/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1, 2 inch piece cinnamon stick
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup oil cured black olives, pitted
1) Quarter the carrots lengthwise and cut into 1 inch lengths
2) Combine the carrots in a sauce pan with coriander, cayenne, mint sprig, lemon juice, honey and water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3) Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Discard the mint sprig and cinnamon stick.
4) Transfer the carrots with a slotted spoon to a serving dish. Pour back any juices into the pan. Set the pan over high heat and boil until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
5) Stir vinegar and olive oil into the reduced pan juices.
6) Toss the carrots with the pan juices. Stir in the olives and season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with chopped mint.