Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Thursday that the source of combined terrorist attacks that took place earlier in the day was the Gaza Strip.
“This is a serious terror attack that took place in several locations,” Barak said during a situation assessment following the terrorist attacks. “The incident shows the weakening Egyptian grip on Sinai and the widening operation of terrorists there. The source of these terror acts is in Gaza and we will act against them with full force.”
IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz arrived at the Division Headquarters earlier on Thursday and conducted an initial situation assessment. Shortly afterward, Barak and the Police Chief Yohanan Danino left for the scene of the attacks.
For more, see Haaretz.com