Rome — Police in northern Italy have arrested a young North African man suspected of planning terrorist attacks on the Milan synagogue and other targets.
The 20-year-old man, who has lived in Italy since childhood, was arrested early Thursday in the province of Brescia, according to Italian news reports.
The reports said investigators found a document on his computer analyzing the security measures of Milan’s main synagogue. He is also suspected of planning attacks and organizing terror groups through Internet social network sites, including a group on Facebook that exchanged information about arms and explosives.
A police spokesman interviewed on Italian television news said a woman who had been in contact with the arrested man had also been arrested in Britain.