An Israeli pharmaceutical company has recalled two batches of an anesthetic drug connected to the investigation of Michael Jackson’s death.
The anesthetic was found in Jackson’s home following his death last month, the Associated Press reported.
Teva Pharmaceuticals recalled two lots of propofol after 40 people in three states got sick from bacterial contamination. A Teva spokeswoman told the news service that the tracking number on the tainted lots was different from the number on the vial found at Jackson’s home.
The drug is normally used in hospitals to render patients unconscious during surgery. Investigators are seeking to trace how the drug came into Jackson’s possession.