Boy Dies of Injuries Suffered in Hurricane Irene

The 5-year-old who was electrocuted by a fallen power wire during Hurricane Irene has died.

Reuven Herbst died Sept. 9 in the pediatric burn unit at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla where he has been in critical condition since Aug. 28, according to reports.

Reuven and his father were walking through a puddle near their home in Spring Valley, N.Y., when they came in contact with a fence that was electrified by the electric wire.

A neighbor, David Reichenberg, 50, pulled the two from the fence but died at the scene.

Further upstate, an 82-year-old Holocaust survivor died when the chalet she was staying in was washed away by floodwaters in the Catskills hamlet of Fleischmanns.

Author

Recommend this article

Boy Dies of Injuries Suffered in Hurricane Irene

Thank you!

This article has been sent!

Close