Italian Police Arrest Synagogue Bomb Suspect

Police in northern Italy have arrested a young North African man suspected of planning terrorist attacks on the Milan synagogue and other targets.

The 20-year-old man, who has lived in Italy since childhood, was arrested early Thursday in the province of Brescia, according to Italian news reports.

The reports said investigators found a document on his computer analyzing the security measures of Milan’s main synagogue. He is also suspected of planning attacks and organizing terror groups through Internet social network sites, including a group on Facebook that exchanged information about arms and explosives.

A police spokesman interviewed on Italian television news said a woman who had been in contact with the arrested man had also been arrested in Britain.

Author

Your Comments

The Forward welcomes reader comments in order to promote thoughtful discussion on issues of importance to the Jewish community. All readers can browse the comments, and all Forward subscribers can add to the conversation. In the interest of maintaining a civil forum, The Forward requires that all commenters be appropriately respectful toward our writers, other commenters and the subjects of the articles. Vigorous debate and reasoned critique are welcome; name-calling and personal invective are not and will be deleted. Egregious commenters or repeat offenders will be banned from commenting. While we generally do not seek to edit or actively moderate comments, our spam filter prevents most links and certain key words from being posted and the Forward reserves the right to remove comments for any reason.

Recommend this article

Italian Police Arrest Synagogue Bomb Suspect

Thank you!

This article has been sent!

Close