The Forward has learned that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is not in Melbourne, Australia, as has been widely reported. According to documents that Assange accidentally leaked to his own website, Assange has set up shop in Rhinecliff, NY, where he and anonymous volunteers are amassing top-secret information about Chelsea Clinton’s wedding to Marc Mezvinsky.
The Forward has managed to plant moles in the Assange team, who have been issuing a steady stream of revelations about America’s most highly classified nuptials. Here are some of the highlights:
- Although President Obama has not been invited, he will attempt to crash the wedding posing as SNL cast member Fred Armisen, an old friend of the Clintons.
- Al Gore will be attending and, after his recent separation, will be bringing the Internet as his date.
- One of the ushers will be Usher.
- The teams for post-dinner charades have already been decided, and the early money is on Oprah, Steven Spielberg and Doris Kearns Goodwin as the team to beat. According to X-rays of the game envelopes, the first answer appears to be “Saved By the Bell,” or “The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.”
- In honor of the wedding, the town of Clinton, NY, 15 miles from Rhinebeck, will change its name to I Give It Three Years, NY.
Who’s Jewish? According to Google (and Gawker ) nearly everyone in Hollywood, from Meryl Streep to Morgan Freeman, and even Mel Gibson. Well, sort of.
A post late Tuesday on media news and gossip Web site Gawker revealed that the top search suggestions on Google for various celebrity names (when preceded by the word is) include the word Jewish. For example, if you type the words “Is David Beckham” into the search bar, a drop-down menu will appear with several options, the first of which is “Is David Beckham Jewish.”
It’s the top ranked search for Robin Williams, Sarah Jessica Parker, Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Affleck and Bill Gates.
And it’s not just celebs. Type in “Is Al Gore” and you will get suggestions including “an idiot, Jewish, a hypocrite.” (Yes, in that order!)
Go ahead. Try it with your favorite celebrities. Let us know what you find. (You know you want to.)
This article has been sent!Close