1. DER YIDDISH-VINKL Jul 14, 2006 ... As readers of Der Vinkl know so well, Stanley Siegelman and Joan ... “My usual
procedure is to compose in Yiddish and then translate into ...
2. DER YIDDISH-VINKL March 4, 2005 Mar 4, 2005 ... By now, the special style and use of Yinglish (a mix of Yiddish and English) by
our regular contributor, Stanley Siegelman, is known by readers ...
3. DER YIDDISH-VINKL June 4, 2004 Jun 4, 2004 ... Once more, Stanley Siegelman returns to “Der Vinkl” to tickle our funny bones.
His present effort is difficult to “trump,” in part because his ...
4. DER YIDDISH-VINKL February 27, 2004 Feb 27, 2004 ... Der Yiddish Vinkl received two of Stanley Siegelman's inimitable witty poems
written in reaction to current events. To prevent readers from ...
5. DER YIDDISH-VINKL August 1, 2003 Aug 1, 2003 ... Stanley Siegelman does it again. For steady readers of Der Vinkl, Stanley's name
by now should be familiar. In satirical poetic form, he has ...
6. DER YIDDISH-VINKL January 28, 2005 Jan 28, 2005 ... The news item that the inimitable Stanley Siegelman chose for his column this
week is the announcement that California's Stanford University is ...
8. DER YIDDISH-VINKL October 3, 2003 Oct 3, 2003 ... Now, in the spirit of “equal opportunity” and fair play, Siegelman comes forth with
a mirthful suggestion, inspired by Der Yidish Vinkl.
9. DER YIDDISH-VINKL November 7, 2003 Nov 7, 2003 ... With his clever, caustic, comical poems in both Yiddish and English, Stanley Siegelman — a constant contributor to Der Vinkl — continues to ...
10. DER YIDDISH-VINKL May 19, 2006 May 19, 2006 ... Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl with his discovery of rare ... his
commentary on the subject in poetic form — in both Yiddish and English.
11. DER YIDDISH-VINKL February 11, 2005 Feb 11, 2005 ... Once more the inimitable Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl with a rare
news item and his Yinglish versions in Yiddish mixed with English ...
12. DER YIDDISH-VINKL Jul 7, 2006 ... Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl with his incredible ability to uncover rare
bits of news and to follow up with his hilarious Yiddish and ...
13. DER YIDDISH-VINKL April 15, 2005 Apr 15, 2005 ... Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl once again with a rare news item and a
poetic piece in his peculiar and distinctive Yiddish and English ...
14. DER YIDDISH-VINKL April 8, 2005 Apr 8, 2005 ... Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl once again with an unusual ... an equally
unusual poem in his Yinglish — with its English and Yiddish ...
15. DER YIDDISH-VINKL January 9, 2004 Jan 9, 2004 ... Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl once again with his inimitable, ... of humor
, penned in Yinglish poetry (a mix of Yiddish and English).
16. DER YIDDISH-VINKL June 3, 2005 Jun 3, 2005 ... Once again, Stanley Siegelman returns to Der Vinkl with his incredible ... news
items and turn them into his funny, punny English and Yiddish.
17. DER YIDDISH-VINKL May 5, 2006 May 5, 2006 ... Once again, our genial genius, Stanley Siegelman, returns to Der Vinkl with his
incomparable ability to unearth a rare bit of news and then ...
18. DER YIDDISH-VINKL April 30, 2004 Apr 30, 2004 ... The news event around which Stanley Siegelman weaves another one of his
inimitable poems is just a bit of trivia. But in the hands of our ...
19. DER YIDDISH-VINKL April 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006 ... The inimitable Stanley Siegelman has returned to Der Vinkl to report on a new
trend among Russian Jews immigrating to the United States: ...
20. DER YIDDISH-VINKL August 22, 2003 Aug 22, 2003 ... Stanley Siegelman seems to be as prolific as his timely, topical poems are terrific.
Just a few weeks ago, we ran his poem about the White ...
Jewish student groups are planning to protest Mahmoud Abbas's speech in New York City — with empty seats: http://jd.fo/r5R4D
Happy birthday Leonard Cohen! The songwriter, poet, author, man about Montreal turns 80 today.
Celebrate with his 12 most underappreciated songs: http://jd.fo/f5JaG
And now, a hilarious take on dating by Anya Ulinich: http://jd.fo/j5CUg
Breads Bakery's Uri Scheft shares his secret on how to make the perfect challah for #RoshHashana:
Hitler’s grand vision of a new capital involved using Jewish slave labor to rebuild Berlin as "Germania."
A Ukrainian health official warned that Jewish pilgrims converging in Uman may spread #Ebola.
Is the garment industry a thing of the past?
Honey isn't just for apples. Recipe here:
Ahoy mateys — today is #TalkLikeaPirateDay!
To celebrate, we’ve rounded up some of the most fearsome Jews ever to sail the seas.
Will 2014 be the year in which climate change becomes a “third rail”?
"It’s a weird aftereffect of a Jewish day school education that, when I see a headline like 'Iran Court Sentences ‘Happy’ Dancers to 6 Months and 91 Lashes,' I immediately ask myself: WWTDD? Or: what would the Talmud do?"
Seth Rogen can roll — Shabbos or no.
Leonard Cohen turns 80 this weekend!
Celebrate with this in-depth look back at the songwriter's career, from the cocky young poet to the old guy in the fedora feeding pigeons in Montreal.
“It’s wrong to be a refusenik in a country like Israel, struggling to maintain its democratic values in a very hostile and rough neighborhood."
Do you agree?
If any business qualifies as seasonal, it would have to be shofar sales.