Forward Marketing Associate
The Forward is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, citizenship status, color, race, national origin, disability, disability status, gender, pregnancy status or lactation accommodations, gender identity, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, marital, partnership or familial status, religion, creed, prior arrest or conviction record according to applicable law, veteran or military status, or genetic characteristics.
The Forward has a commitment to diversity both in the workplace and in its reporting and is looking for employees and perspectives from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
The Forward is seeking a full-time Marketing Associate who wants to help grow and shape the public face of our storied, beloved brand. If you’re a dynamic person who’s full of ideas, a great communicator who loves to learn, this is an exciting role for you. We’re a supportive, collaborative organization with little bureaucracy and lots of opportunities.
About The Role:
This role is responsible for increasing audience and public awareness of the brand with a major focus on grassroots fundraising, event planning and execution, and relationship building.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and assisting in the creation, maintenance, execution, and reporting of various marketing strategic campaigns and marketing communications
- Editing, scheduling, and reporting fundraising appeals, event emails, and social campaigns
- Managing a portfolio of campaigns, including composing collateral, testing, and analyzing performance
- Spearheading our growing event efforts (virtual and in-person) by coordinating all event communications and production
You will report to the Director of Innovation and support the Development Team with brand building, donor communications and event opportunities.
Salary range is $52,000 – $60,000.
- 2+ years of relevant marketing, communications and/or event experience
- Stellar written communications skills, particularly focused on marketing and engagement
- Attention to detail, self-starter approach to projects and solutions who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Project coordination experience that prioritizes quick and consistent communication and reaching across teams and departments for input
- Knowledge/interest in the Jewish world is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, including clear and effective written communication
About The Company:
The Forward, founded in 1897 as a daily Yiddish broadsheet, is the nation’s leading Jewish journalism outlet, now publishing in English and Yiddish at forward.com. It is an independent, reader-supported nonprofit, run by the Forward Association, and committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in coverage, staffing, and culture. Applicants need not be Jewish.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected]. Subject line: Marketing Associate.