2 bunches thick asparagus
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 lemon, squeezed
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) Trim away the bottom 1/2-inch or so of the asparagus stalks.
3) Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with the oil, garlic, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4) Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until crisp tender.
5) Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with lemon juice to taste. Serve hot or at room temperature. Can be prepared up to a day in advance.
Yid.Dish: Roasted Asparagus with Garlic