Skip To Content
Get Our Newsletter
JEWISH. INDEPENDENT. NONPROFIT.

Support the Forward

Funded by readers like you DonateSubscribe

Israeli Woman Dies After Eating Nutella Spread

A 26-year-old woman died Thursday morning due to a severe nut allergy prompted by eating chocolate spread in a Tel Aviv restaurant after the staff promised her the chocolate did not contain nuts.

Hen Efrat, an Eilat resident, was with her friends at a Tel Aviv restaurant last week when they ordered a Belgian waffle with ice cream and chocolate.

According to her friends, she told the waitress that she was allergic to nuts and asked her to make sure the chocolate spread was not Nutella, which contains nuts. Efrat repeatedly asked the waitress to make sure the chocolate was nut-free, and even told her that she could die from it if it did indeed contain nuts.

For more, see Haaretz.com

Engage

  • SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK

  • UPCOMING EVENT

Republish This Story

Please read before republishing

We’re happy to make this story available to republish for free under an Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives Creative Commons license as long as you follow our republishing guidelines, which require that you credit Foward and retain our pixel. See our full guidelines for more information.

To republish, copy the HTML, which includes our tracking pixel, all paragraph styles and hyperlinks, the author byline, and credit to Foward. Have questions? Please email us at help@forward.com.

We don't support Internet Explorer

Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge to view this site.