Skip To Content
JEWISH. INDEPENDENT. NONPROFIT.
Breaking News

Warren Buffett Gives $10M to Rambam Hospital

American billionaire Warren Buffett is donating $10 million to Rambam Hospital in Haifa.

Warren Buffett Image by getty images

The gift was announced last week by Israeli businessman Eitan Wertheimer during a dinner to celebrate Rambam’s 75th year, the Israeli business daily Globes first reported.

Wertheimer and Buffett are close friends since the 2006 sale of 80 percent of the Wertheimer’s family company Iscar Ltd. to Buffett. In May Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway company purchased the remaining 20 percent of the company.

Wertheimer is former chairman of the board of KMR Inc., the Rambam Hospital – Medical School and Research Institute.

I hope you appreciated this article. Before you go, I’d like to ask you to please support the Forward’s award-winning, nonprofit journalism during this critical time.

Now more than ever, American Jews need independent news they can trust, with reporting driven by truth, not ideology. We serve you, not any ideological agenda.

At a time when other newsrooms are closing or cutting back, the Forward has removed its paywall and invested additional resources to report on the ground from Israel and around the U.S. on the impact of the war, rising antisemitism and the protests on college campuses.

Readers like you make it all possible. Support our work by becoming a Forward Member and connect with our journalism and your community.

Make a gift of any size and become a Forward member today. You’ll support our mission to tell the American Jewish story fully and fairly. 

— Rachel Fishman Feddersen, Publisher and CEO

Join our mission to tell the Jewish story fully and fairly.

Republish This Story

Please read before republishing

We’re happy to make this story available to republish for free, unless it originated with JTA, Haaretz or another publication (as indicated on the article) and as long as you follow our guidelines. You must credit the Forward, retain our pixel and preserve our canonical link in Google search.  See our full guidelines for more information, and this guide for detail about canonical URLs.

To republish, copy the HTML by clicking on the yellow button to the right; it includes our tracking pixel, all paragraph styles and hyperlinks, the author byline and credit to the Forward. It does not include images; to avoid copyright violations, you must add them manually, following our guidelines. Please email us at [email protected], subject line “republish,” with any questions or to let us know what stories you’re picking up.

We don't support Internet Explorer

Please use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge to view this site.