Coen Brothers Will Co-Preside Over 68th Cannes Film Festival Jury

Image by Getty Images
Joel and Ethan Coen, the American filmmaker brothers, will be the first co-presidents of the jury for this year’s Cannes Film Festival, the organizers said on Tuesday.
The Coen brothers, who made “Fargo,” “Barton Fink” and “No Country for Old Men,” replace Australian filmmaker Jane Campion, who was last year’s president. The jury will choose the winning films during the 68th edition of the festival that runs from May 13-25 on the French Riviera.
“Cannes is a festival that has been important to us since the very beginning of our career. Presiding over the Jury is a special honor, since we have never heretofore been president of anything,” Joel and Ethan Coen said in a statement given to the organizers.
They were speaking from the “Hail Caesar!” film shoot with George Clooney, Christophe Lambert, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, Josh Brolin and Channing Tatum, according to the organizers.
The films in the official selection, and additional members of the jury, will be announced in April.
The Forward is free to read, but it isn’t free to produce

I hope you appreciated this article. Before you go, I’d like to ask you to please support the Forward.
At a time when other newsrooms are closing or cutting back, the Forward has removed its paywall and invested additional resources to report on the ground from Israel and around the U.S. on the impact of the war, rising antisemitism and polarized discourse.
Readers like you make it all possible. We’ve started our Passover Fundraising Drive, and we need 1,800 readers like you to step up to support the Forward by April 21. Members of the Forward board are even matching the first 1,000 gifts, up to $70,000.
This is a great time to support independent Jewish journalism, because every dollar goes twice as far.
— Rachel Fishman Feddersen, Publisher and CEO