Israeli Woman Dies After Eating Nutella Spread

By Dan Even (Haaretz)

Published July 21, 2011.

A 26-year-old woman died Thursday morning due to a severe nut allergy prompted by eating chocolate spread in a Tel Aviv restaurant after the staff promised her the chocolate did not contain nuts.

Hen Efrat, an Eilat resident, was with her friends at a Tel Aviv restaurant last week when they ordered a Belgian waffle with ice cream and chocolate.

According to her friends, she told the waitress that she was allergic to nuts and asked her to make sure the chocolate spread was not Nutella, which contains nuts. Efrat repeatedly asked the waitress to make sure the chocolate was nut-free, and even told her that she could die from it if it did indeed contain nuts.

For more, see Haaretz.com



Would you like to receive updates about new stories?






















We will not share your e-mail address or other personal information.

Already subscribed? Manage your subscription.