The Schmooze

‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Probe Says Corinne Olympios Was Lucid Enough To Consent To Sexual Activity

After allegations of sexual misconduct on the set of “Bachelor in Paradise” resulted in an investigation that temporarily postponed shooting, the show is back.

Warner Bros. released an official statement on Tuesday.

“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico,” it read. “We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”

The statement follows an incident between contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson in which a producer alleged that Olympios was unable to consent to sexual activity that took place with Jackson.

Becky Scott is the editor of The Schmooze. Follow her on Twitter at @arr_scott

Recommend this article

‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Probe Says Corinne Olympios Was Lucid Enough To Consent To Sexual Activity

Thank you!

This article has been sent!

Close
Close