In This Week’s Yiddish Forward
• In our color supplement: photos of Passover from the Forward archive, and the Abel Pann exhibit at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.
• We reprint a rare article on the origins of the Haggada by Isaac Bashevis Singer from when he used the pseudonym “Yitskhok Varshavsky.”
In This Week’s Russian Forward
• An interview with Israel’s foreign minister, Silvan Shalom.
• An article by Vladimir Yedidovich titled “Defending Sharon.”
• A Russian-Jewish activist from Starrett City, Brooklyn, met in Israel with former prime minister Yitzhak Shamir. They spoke in Yiddish.
• In our youth section: an interview with Ariela Ginzburg, the 11-year-old daughter of the Russian town Samara’s chief rabbi.
This Saturday on ‘The Forverts Hour’
Saturday, April 10, at 9:00 p.m. on WMCA New York, AM 570
• “This Week in the Yiddish Forward” — Mikhl Baran
• “Passover Songs, Part Two” — Itzik Gottesman
• “Advice From a Depressed Person” — Kobi Weitzner
• “Abraham Karpinovitch: ‘The folklorist’” — Dovid Rogow