Yield: 12 servings
6 small sweet potatoes, grated
3 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
1 cup raisins
1 cup brown rice flour – on Passover use whole wheat matzo meal 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 and 1/2 cups water
1 and 1/2 cups raw pecan halves, chopped
2 tablespoons maple syrup
pinch of salt
pinch of ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven of 375 degrees
2) In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except for the topping) then press into a large glass baking dish that has been sprayed with a non stick spray like Pam.
3) In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients and set aside.
4) Place baking dishes in oven and bake it for 35 minutes. Remove and cover with topping mixture. Return to oven for another 20-25 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes.
6) Cut into 12 squares and serve
Recipe from The Organic Kosher Cookbook by Aviva Allen