6 Coolest Israeli-Inspired Dishes You Can Get in America
1) “Hudson Street” kibbeh with bulgur teardrops, spiced beef, pinenuts and preserved lemon yogurt at in New York
2) Green shakshuka with spinach, asparagus, pickled onion, zucchini and goat cheese with honey from New York’s Shuka Truck
3) Ice cream sandwich made with chocolate semifredo between two tahini cookies, with cherries and pistachio at Zahav in Philadelphia
4) Foie gras with rose tahini, carob molasses and toasted challah at Shaya in New Orleans
5) Seared Scottish salmon with Israeli couscous cake, sweet corn puree, roasted pink beets, caramelized onions, dukkah and micro popcorn shoots at Novo in Ridgewood, New Jersey
Michael Kaminer is a contributing editor at the Forward.