Miami Bagel Shop Gets Threatening Anti-Semitic Phone Calls

Image by Getty Images
(JTA) — An unknown man made anti-Semitic threats against the Jewish owners of a Miami bagel shop.
The man called the Bagel Time Café several times on Monday, and in his last call threatening to “get rid of” Jews, Miami’s Local10 reported.
The man first told the owners over the telephone that he would “expose you all” after asking if they were Jewish. In another call he said that Jews were taking over the world and that: “We’re going to make sure you can’t overpopulate like you are now and we’re going to get rid of you.” He added: “I’m here. That’s my mission,” according to the report.
Yehoshua Nodel, who owns the café with his wife, said they called in the police because they felt threatened, especially in light of the attack last week on a synagogue in Poway, California.
“This thing could happen in any of our businesses all around Miami,” Nodel said. “Personally, I wouldn’t get a gun permit until today, but now I’m rethinking it, you know? Maybe it’s something I should have.”
Police are investigating the incident. They have not yet identified the caller.
The Forward is free to read, but it isn’t free to produce

I hope you appreciated this article. Before you go, I’d like to ask you to please support the Forward.
At a time when other newsrooms are closing or cutting back, the Forward has removed its paywall and invested additional resources to report on the ground from Israel and around the U.S. on the impact of the war, rising antisemitism and polarized discourse.
Readers like you make it all possible. We’ve started our Passover Fundraising Drive, and we need 1,800 readers like you to step up to support the Forward by April 21. Members of the Forward board are even matching the first 1,000 gifts, up to $70,000.
This is a great time to support independent Jewish journalism, because every dollar goes twice as far.
— Rachel Fishman Feddersen, Publisher and CEO