The case of the haunting disappearance of Etan Patz in 1979 is back in court next month. Before the second trial of the accused killer Pedro Hernandez, Julie and Stan Patz filed an affidavit to overturn the prior conviction of Jose Ramos.
A New Jersey man who confessed to the 1979 killing of Etan Patz should stand trial for murder and kidnapping in the 6-year-old boy’s disappearance, a judge ruled on Wednesday.
The man who confessed to killing Etan Patz - the 6-year-old boy who vanished from his New York neighborhood three decades ago - was due in court on Wednesday and expected to enter a plea in the child’s murder.
The man who confessed to the 1979 killing of 6-year-old Etan Patz made a brief courtroom appearance on Thursday, standing silently in a gray T-shirt as a prosecutor told the judge that murder charges had been formally filed nearly three decades after the slaying.
An ex-grocery store clerk said he lured Etan Patz into a basement with a cold soda, then stabbed him to death. Some police are cautious about the confession.