Israeli Troops Seeking Kidnapped Teens Blast into Hebron Home

Image: Getty Images

Israeli troops scouring a West Bank city for three Israeli teenagers who are believed to have been abducted by Palestinian militants blew down the door of a home with explosives on Sunday after residents did not admit them, Palestinian witnesses said.

They said there were no casualties in the incident in Hebron, in which gunfire was also briefly heard.

An Israeli military spokeswoman had no immediate comment.

Soldiers have been conducting intensive house-to-house searches in Hebron for three teenagers who went missing on Thursday night after leaving a West Bank settlement. Israel said on Sunday that they had been kidnapped by Hamas militants.

Hamas, which has neither confirmed nor denied the Israeli allegation, has a large following in Hebron.

Written by


Your Comments

The Forward welcomes reader comments in order to promote thoughtful discussion on issues of importance to the Jewish community. In the interest of maintaining a civil forum, The Forward requires that all commenters be appropriately respectful toward our writers, other commenters and the subjects of the articles. Vigorous debate and reasoned critique are welcome; name-calling and personal invective are not and will be deleted. Egregious commenters will be banned from commenting. While we generally do not seek to edit or actively moderate comments, our spam filter prevents most links and certain key words from being posted and the Forward reserves the right to remove comments for any reason.

Recommend this article

Israeli Troops Seeking Kidnapped Teens Blast into Hebron Home

Thank you!

This article has been sent!