Media Roundup: 'Bad' Jewish Moms Get the Last Laugh
• A breast cancer diagnosis brought Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz closer to her Jewish heritage, according to a Moment magazine profile of the Florida Democrat.
• Meet the Jewish matriarchs of the “ green revolution .” This impressive cadre of activists are touting the likes of LEED-certified shuls, and Earth-friendly weddings and bar mitzvahs.
• Expenses related to childcare — including private nannies, daycare and preschool — are indeed tax deductible , Israel’s Supreme Court ruled.
• The fervently Orthodox Jerusalem neighborhood Mea She’arim is ground zero for demonstrations for and against gender segregation on Egged bus lines that cater to the Haredi community.
• Israeli expat and Esquire-magazine darling Shirly Brener, who will appear in 10 feature films in the next year, discusses what it takes for an Israeli actress to make it in the thirty-mile zone. You can also check the Forward’s recent article on Hollywood’s love affair with Israeli talent.
• Everything you need to plan a Jewish wedding — band, dress, chuppah, ketubah — plus plenty of amusing commentary, is here .
• Formula One’s eccentric chief executive says the venerable auto race is in search of “a black, Jewish woman who, if possible, wins some races too.”