Julian Edelman ‘Very Sorry’ For Doping Allegations

Image by Getty Images
New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman apologized Friday, one day after reports emerged that he faces a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Edelman indicated the matter is under appeal. He said he doesn’t know how the alleged violation occurred.
“I am very sorry — I don’t know what happened,” Edelman wrote on his Instagram account. “I’ve taken many, many tests obviously over the course of my career, and nothing like this has ever happened. I apologize to [team owners] the Kraft family, my coaches, teammates and fans.
“As this matter is being appealed, I can’t say anymore but no matter what, I will be ready to play and pursue another championship with our team and for Patriots fans around the world.”
Edelman missed all of last season due to a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee sustained in the preseason.
The 32-year-old has been on the field during the Patriots’ mandatory minicamp this week after previously attending voluntary OTAs.
Why I became the Forward’s editor-in-chief
You are surely a friend of the Forward if you’re reading this. And so it’s with excitement and awe — of all that the Forward is, was, and will be — that I introduce myself to you as the Forward’s newest editor-in-chief.
And what a time to step into the leadership of this storied Jewish institution! For 129 years, the Forward has shaped and told the American Jewish story. I’m stepping in at an intense time for Jews the world over. We urgently need the Forward’s courageous, unflinching journalism — not only as a source of reliable information, but to provide inspiration, healing and hope.
— Alyssa Katz, editor-in-chief
