Food on a stick is fun for the whole fam. Both kid-friendly and adult-friendly, there’s nothin’ better than pleasing the entire crowd at once.
Yield: 32 skewers, 8 servings
1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, cut into 32 (¼-inch) slices
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 teaspoon honey
1) Preheat broiler to high. Lightly spray 2 rimmed baking sheets.
2) Carefully thread beef slices on 5-inch long skewers in a wavy up and down pattern so the skewer sticks through the meat several times. Place on the prepared baking sheets and repeat with remaining beef and skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Broil on high for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
4) In a small bowl, combine mustard, horseradish, and honey; mix well.
5) Heat grill to medium. Brush grates with oil. Once oil is hot, grill satays 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
6) Serve satay with dipping sauce.
More From Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen — not because she doesn’t love food, but because she has tons to do. As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing” Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JOYofKOSHER.com and “JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller” magazine. Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen — quickly. Check out her new book, ”JOY of KOSHER Fast, Fresh Family Recipes.”