Wake And Bake With Potzo Brei This Passover
Cannabis butter adds a contemporary twist to a traditional Passover breakfast favorite.
Approximate THC per serving*:
10%: 5.3 mg
15%: 8 mg
20%: 10.6 mg
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 3.5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 1 stick of butter.
1 cup of milk
2 whole square matzos, broken into 16 pieces
4 large eggs
½ cup diced Spanish onions
4 medium-size cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 slice Jarlsberg or Emmentaler Swiss cheese, broken into pieces
3 tablespoons non-infused butter
1 tablespoon canna-butter
Salt and pepper
1) Break matzos apart into a large bowl. Cover the broken matzos with milk and let soak for 5 minutes until moist but not soggy. Drain.
2) In a large frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of non-infused butter. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
3) Add canna-butter and continue to sauté for about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
4) Over a medium flame, add 2 tablespoons of butter into the same pan.
5) Sauté moistened matzo until lightly golden.
6) Add back the sautéed mushrooms and onions and Swiss cheese. Pour eggs over the whole thing and let sit in the pan for about 30 seconds. Then gently scramble until the egg is how you like it.
7) Serve immediately and Pesach Sameach!
Jeff the 420 Chef is the author of “The 420 Gourmet”.