Hebron Settlers Given 24-Hour Ultimatum To Leave
The IDF has issued an eviction order for settlers who took over a house in the Arab part of Hebron last week.
According to the order, the settlers have until Tuesday at 3:00 PM to evacuate the house on their own will, after which “the authorities will act to restore the building to its previous state.”
The security establishment has called the takeover a provocation, and says that the settlers’ presence in the house constitutes a public disturbance. However, the move has won the support of some politicians.
The settlers said they purchased the property legally. Their representatives showed records of the deal on Sunday, including money transfers, to Military Advocate General staff.
The house is located in a closed military zone, but Jewish community activists come and go freely through the area.
A key figure in the land purchase is Assaf Nehmad, a former Shin Bet security service man, who speaks Arabic and helps settlers purchase land from Arab owners who may be unwilling to sell to someone they know is Jewish.
For more, go to Haaretz.com