8 Reasons We Love Jerry Seinfeld on His 62nd Birthday
April 29 is Jerome “Jerry” Seinfeld’s 62nd birthday and this Brooklyn-born comedian has become a larger-than-life figure in the lives of all Jews. He’s gone from our favorite 90’s TV stand up comedian on nine seasons of “Seinfeld” to a chauffeur of sorts and coffee connoisseur on “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”
Without Seinfeld, we wouldn’t have the expression “No soup for you!”, or take as much joy in yelling “HEEELLLOOOOOOOO” and we certainly would never have experienced the shock of seeing characters making out during “Schindler’s List.”
Thanks for all the laughter so far, and keep ‘em coming!
Here are some reasons why we love Jerry:
1) Because he has always been funny.
2) Because of his support for the Autism Speaks Foundation, Memorial Sloan-Kettering, Exploring The Arts, The Andre Agassi Foundation for Education and many more charitable organizations.
3) Because, somehow, he found a way to make 180 episodes about nothing for the best show on TV about nothing.
4) As famous as he is, Seinfeld has always made a point of shining the light on other comedians. Best example of this is the Emmy nominated web series, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”
5) Seriously, does anyone else love cars as much as he does?
6) Because of his 30 years of friendship with Larry David.
7) Because he gave the Jews a Festivus for the Rest of Us.
8) And because, thanks to Seinfeld, this glorious photo exists!