Michael Cohen is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors, ABC News reported Wednesday.
Cohen’s attorneys have until Friday to finish their review of over 3.7 million documents seized from his home, office and hotel room in April. The lawyers are expected to leave his case going forward, ABC reported, without elaborating.
It’s not clear what ABC’s sources believe is the link between the lawyers dumping Cohen and his potential cooperation with prosecutors. He has repeatedly vowed not to turn on his longtime boss, President Trump.
The raid conducted in April was in connection to the investigation into Cohen’s role in a payment to keep porn star Stormy Daniels quiet during the presidential campaign about her alleged affair with President Trump.
A special master determined last week that just 162 of the 300,000 items she reviewed were protected by attorney-client privilege. All non-priviliged items will be turned over to federal prosecutors.
Cohen has said that he will invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in the case.
Cohen reportedly said last month that the investigation was “ruining” his family’s life.