Summer pasta with smoked rainbow trout
A light summer pasta that uses Fishwife’s sustainable smoked rainbow trout.
1 pound dried linguini
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered or 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
2 T. basil, torn
1 T. fresh or 1/2 t. dried oregano
1 T. fresh mint, chopped
2 T. Italian parsley, chopped
1 can Fishwife smoked trout
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta till al dente. drain and reserve some liquid
2. Heat of olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic until browned.
3. Stir in the onion and saute until tender. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often till they pop or burst. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix in herbs. Add wine and cook down
4. Toss in pasta and cooking liquid. Stir until sauce thickens.
5. Top with trout! Season with more basil, salt, pepper.