Consider making brisket for Friday night dinner and using the leftovers Sunday for a perfect Super Bowl snack. Many supermarkets carry slider buns — and if you can find little brioche or potato rolls, all the better.
12 slider buns
1½ pounds braised brisket with sauce (leftovers are fine)
¼ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons brisket sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded green cabbage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon grainy mustard
¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
1) Cut brisket into thin (¼– ½-inch) slices about 3 inches in length.
2) Combine mayonnaise, brisket sauce and Sriracha in a small bowl. Spread on bottom half of each bun. Top each with about 2 ounces of brisket.
3) Put cabbage, oil, vinegar, mustard and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Top brisket with slaw and serve.
- Brisket’s Mini Modern Side
- Brisket Tacos
- Deviled Eggs With Brisket and Pickles
- Brisket Tots
- Fried Brisket Kreplach
Liza Schoenfein is the food editor of the Forward. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org