National Council of Jewish Women Receives Passengers at Dock
This article was published in the Yiddish-language Forward on April 20, 1912.
A committee from the National Council of Jewish Women composed of Mrs. American and Mrs. Perlman welcomed the rescued Jewish passengers from the Carpathia. The committee had four automobiles, and they drove the survivors from the dock to the Hospitality Society and the Clara de Hirsch Home for Working Girls. They took not only Jewish passengers, but also non-Jewish ones. The automobiles were also filled up with passengers whom they took to their own homes.
The Hospitality Society has raised a lot of money and clothing for the rescued, and one can help them by giving donations.