5-Ingredient Potato Salad With Arugula And Tomato
Classic potato salad can be so heavy, and in the summer months I love to lighten things up. Peppery arugula, sweet cherry tomatoes and bright lemon say “summer potato salad” to me. How ‘bout you?
1½ pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
4 tablespoon champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup arugula
1) In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook over medium high heat until potatoes are tender, 12–16 minutes. Drain well and cool completely.
2) While potatoes are cooking, prepare dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine potatoes with tomatoes and arugula and toss to combine.
4) Pour dressing over potato salad and toss to evenly coat.
5) Potato salad can be served room temperature or chilled. Can be made 2 days in advance, keeping arugula and dressing separate and combining just before serving.
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do. As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing” Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JOYofKOSHER.com and “JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller” magazine. Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, JOY of KOSHER Fast, Fresh Family Recipes.