The 10 Commandments direct us to honor our father and mother, so wouldn’t that make every day Father’s Day? To celebrate all dads, here are five Jewish fathers that we love a little extra.
1. Max Greenfield Max Greenfield is a doting father, despite the neuroticism of his character Schmidt on “New Girl.” Greenfield recently spilled to People that he slips protein powder into his pancake mix just to make sure his kids (Lilly, 7, and Ozzie, 22 months) are eating healthy. The superfood pancakes -– and their dad’s sense of humor -– are sure guarantees that his kids will be hilarious one day.
2. Jerry Seinfeld Even if Seinfeld said being a dad is the “greatest pain in the a—in the world,” he’s one of the most iconic Jewish dads, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Seinfeld’s not even sure if his kids watch the show, he told E! News, but he said being a father to his three young kids has changed his life forever.
3. Joseph Gordon-Levitt Even though the “500 Days of Summer” star is pretty private about his personal life, he’s still an adorable father. He and his wife welcomed a baby boy in August 2015 and a second baby is on the way! Photos published in The Daily Mail even show JGL cradling his baby boy while sporting mismatched socks on a walk around New York last June.
4. Matthew Broderick As if being married to Sarah Jessica Parker isn’t already enough, Broderick is the father of three adorable children. The couple may even have plans to combine two townhouses to make one of the largest mansions in New York, according to Pagesix. He’s no longer the irresponsible kid he played in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” He said he loves being a father, “but I don’t have any advice about it,” according to Zimbio.
5. Paul Rudd Rudd is an attentive father to his kids Darby and Jack. But when Rudd starred in “Ant-Man” back in 2015, he told Entertainment Tonight that his son couldn’t care less: “He said, ‘wow, I can’t wait to see how stupid that’ll be.’” Despite his son’s indifference, Rudd is still pretty cool – he has a Hollywood star with his name on it!
This story "Happy Father’s Day To 5 Jewish Celebrity Dads We Adore" was written by Erica Snow.