Ruth Bader Ginsburg Released From Hospital After Cancer Surgery

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Image by Getty Images
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was released from the hospital Tuesday following cancer surgery, CNN reported.
Kathy Arberg, public information officer for the Supreme Court, confirmed in an email to CNN that the 85-year-old jurist was discharged from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and is recovering at home.
Ginsburg had two cancerous growths removed from her left lung on Friday. Doctors said there is no evidence of remaining disease.
Despite various health concerns — she suffered three broken ribs in a fall last month, has been treated for cancer twice before and received a stent in 2014 — Ginsburg has never missed an argument. The court will meet next on January 7.
Alyssa Fisher is a news writer at the Forward. Email her at [email protected], or follow her on Twitter at @alyssalfisher
Why I became the Forward’s editor-in-chief
You are surely a friend of the Forward if you’re reading this. And so it’s with excitement and awe — of all that the Forward is, was, and will be — that I introduce myself to you as the Forward’s newest editor-in-chief.
And what a time to step into the leadership of this storied Jewish institution! For 129 years, the Forward has shaped and told the American Jewish story. I’m stepping in at an intense time for Jews the world over. We urgently need the Forward’s courageous, unflinching journalism — not only as a source of reliable information, but to provide inspiration, healing and hope.
— Alyssa Katz, editor-in-chief
