In This Week’s Yiddish Forward
• Miriam Hoffman writes about her trip to Vilna via Helsinki.
• Elisheva Cohen-Tsedek writes about her impressions of the latest mood in Israel.
• Mikhail Krutikov reviews a new collection of essays by Arno Lustiger, a historian and writer living in Germany.
• Chaim Beider greets Yekhiel Shraibman, a Bessarabian Yiddish writer, on his 90th birthday.
• Zachary Berger looks at the phenomenon of Yiddish “blogs” on the Internet.
• Itzik Gottesman goes behind the scenes of the Swiss Holocaust reparations negotiations.
In This Week’s Russian Forward
• A. Mikhailovich opines about the lessons of the electoral campaign of former City Council candidate Anatoly Eisenberg.
• Albert Plax interviews popular writer Dina Rubina.
• Materials dedicated to the memory of 9/11 victims.
• A portrait of the new Palestinian prime minister.
• Literary page — Shira Gorshman’s short stories.
• Social aspects — a review of various social problems
This Saturday on ‘The Forverts Hour’ Saturday, September 13, 9:00 p.m. on WMCA New York, AM 570
• Cantorial Music for the High Holidays — Itzik Gottesman
• I.B. Singer: Hunger — Dovid Rogov
• Einstein, Weinstein and Kleinstein — Kobi Weitzner
Edited by Boris Sandler
Hosted by Adrienne Cooper
You can also hear our radio magazine on the Internet at http://www.wevd.com